Probably one of your New Year wishes was to travel more in 2019. Personally I prefer unordinary journeys with
January in Dubai Luxury
January is a middle of a touristic season in Dubai. Though the sea temperature is about 19-20 degrees this month, it’s the perfect time to plunge into Oriental warmth and luxury.
What to plan before the trip?
- Choose a way to travel around the city. Public transport or taxi is an affordable and comfortable solution. Another option is car rental, especially if you have always dreamed of driving a luxury car. You will need an international driver’s license, passport, international Bank card with the name of the driver for rental.
- Select an area where to stay. The city can be divided into the areas near the coast (Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach, Al Barsha, Palm Jumeirah, Al Sufouh, Umm Suqeim, and others) and near the shopping malls (Deira, Bur Dubai, Al Karama, Oud Metha, Dubai Creek). Depending on the purpose of your trip choose accommodation in one of them. Prices range from $50 in budget hotels to a possibility to rent a yacht or a luxury room for several thousand dollars per night.
- Travel planning. Dubai is known both for shopping, beaches, extreme, and sightseeing. Choose what you prefer.
What to do in Dubai in January:
- Shopping. Dubai Shopping Festival is held in January. That is why many boutiques and shops are giving discounts at this time. In addition to discounts, event organizers conduct an entertainment program, including shows, concerts, and quests. Here is a list of shopping malls participating in the festival: Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Marina Mall, Wafi City Mall, Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall, Deira City Center. Another idea for shopping is visiting markets, for example, the famous Gold Souk.
- Nature. Dubai parks surrounded by desert are incredibly beautiful and it is a great place to have a walk. Visit Dubai Miracle Garden and Dubai Butterfly Garden to enjoy the blossoming flowers. Also Zabeel Park and RAS al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary where you can see flamingos are definitely worth visiting.
- Beaches. All beaches are sandy, there are not so many natural wild beaches left. You can choose both from free public beaches and private ones. In January, the water temperature is about 20 degrees, if it is too cold for you, but you still want to swim, think of choosing a hotel with a heated pool.
- Theme parks and water parks. Visit Bollywood Parks inspired with Indian cinema, the Glowing Garden, IMG Worlds of Adventure theme park or Dubailand, Wild Wadi Waterpark and one of the many aquariums.
- Sightseeing. Really impressive sights are Burj Khalifa – the highest tower in the world, Singing Fountains with their inspiring show, and the Palm Jumeirah island, which has become a symbol of the Emirate.
- Extreme. Skydiving above the palm, skiing in the desert and countless kinds of watersports if you prefer outdoor activities.
Skiing or Snowboarding in Sölden in February
Sölden is a resort in the Austrian Alps, which is perfect for skiing and snowboarding, regardless of your skills and experience. There are about 150 trails of different difficulty levels and slopes for off-piste freeride. A large number of skiing schools will help the beginners to get into skiing, there are enough rental points and no queues for the lifts.
If you want to relax after an active skiing day, there is a thermal resort Aqua Dome with outdoor and indoor pools, sauna and Spa in 15 km from Sölden.
In Sölden itself you can visit Freizeit Arena with sauna, pools, bowling, tennis courts, gym, sports hall, and an ice skating rink.
If you are traveling to Sölden with your family and someone is not skiing and snowboarding, the 5 km long toboggan run and hiking are an alternative. After all, the area is really picturesque. You can enjoy the beauty of Sölden and the Otztal valley from a bird’s eye view from a paraglider controlled by an experienced pilot.
Speaking of local cuisine, you should definitely try würstelstand – an assortment of different sausages with bread and beer. Sölden is famous for its bakeries, so pastries and desserts here are delicious and always fresh.
A Journey Around Vietnam in March
The most logical plan is to start the journey from the capital – Hanoi, it is the easiest way to choose a convenient flight. Probably the best way to explore the city is a walk through the Old Quarters with crowded streets, open-air cafes and countless merchants. The contrast to the old town will be a meditative relaxation near Hoan Kiem Lake or one of the many Buddhist temples and pagodas.
A unique place to visit is Sa Pa region, with its breathtaking mountain views, and the locals who still retain the traditional way of life. In March, trees and flowers begin to bloom, the whole region turns into a colorful picture.
Halong Bay is another place with beautiful nature, which is worth a visit. You can go on a cruise, or even better – rent kayaks and enjoy the grottoes, beaches, and caves at your own pace. See the romantic floating villages and feel the local spirit.
The best destination for a beach vacation at this time of the year in the South of the country. Phu Quoc island, covered with jungles and beaches with white sand, is a perfect place for this. Mui Ne beach is the second option, especially if you like kitesurfing. Your beach vacation here will be special thanks to white and pink sand dunes views.
Koh Tao Island is less popular among tourists and is considered to be one of the most beautiful places for diving and snorkeling in the country.
What dishes are worth trying in Vietnam?
- Soups: Pho, Bun Bo Hue, Bun Cha Ca, Hot Pot (a kind of soup you cook by yourself with the ingredients you choose);
- Exotic dishes: fried frogs, crocodile meat, turtle soup;
- Snacks: Banh Bao, spring rolls;
- Drinks: coffee, rice vodka, sugar cane juice, Sinh To;
- And of course various cheap tropical fruit.
Thai Holidays in April
April is not the best time for a beach vacation in Thailand because of heat. But a trip in April will be really unforgettable because of two holidays that will help you to feel the local spirit:
- Chakri Memorial Day celebrated on the 6th of April 2019, when a royal dynasty is honored. The official ceremony continues with flower wreaths laying, colorful carnivals, concerts, and fireworks. The most spectacular place to join the holiday is Bangkok.
- Songkran or Thai New Year, celebrated this year from 13th to 19th of April. The tradition of the celebration includes a water festival. It is believed that pouring water on another person is a way to wish her/him well-being and happiness. Therefore, the streets turn into a place of fun water fights. Remember that it’s better to leave your personal belongings in your room or pack everything in waterproof bags.
Thailand is worthy of your attention not only because of beach vacation and bright festivals.
What else can you do in Thailand?
- Visit Ayutthaya city and the historic town of Sukhothai, if you are interested in history;
- Enjoy a picnic in the park and take a bath in the hot springs of San Kamphaeng;
- See the unusual white temple decorated with mirror pieces in Chiang Rai;
- Take a walk in the Doi Inthanon National Park with its magnificent views;
- Visit the many Buddhist temples;
- Visit the James Bond Island, Phi Phi island and try diving at Koh Tao island;
- Have a SPA day, including the famous Thai massage;
- Go shopping in the floating markets of Bangkok;
- Rent a motorbike to move around and immerse in the local atmosphere;
- Try Thai cuisine and fruits: durian, mangosteen, jackfruit, rambutan, and others.
The blooming of Holland in May
Until mid-may, the season of flowers continues in the Netherlands. Thanks to the climate, the Netherlands has become the best place for tulips to grow. And the perfect place to enjoy this spectacle is the Park Keukenhof. The number of visitors in the park is quite large at this time. Therefore, it is best to buy tickets online in advance, not to waste time in line near the entrance.
Varieties, colors, and shapes of tulips are amazing. After a walk in the park, you can have a picnic near the mill. It is both a place to relax and an observation point overlooking the park. An unforgettable pleasure is riding a bike along the tulip fields. Bicycles can be rented near the park, there you will also be given a map with the route.
Weather in the Netherlands in May is perfect for walks and spending time outdoors.
What should you do in Holland in May?
- Visit the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam;
- Visit a coffee shop and try a cupcake after a walk along the streets of Amsterdam;
- Try and buy Dutch cheeses;
- Spend a night in a floating hotel and go for a boat trip in Amsterdam;
- Try raw herring, bitterballen, rice cake, black marmalade, and waffles;
- Pay a visit to historic villages along the IJsselmeer lake and the village of Zaanse Schans.
Sea, Sun and Culture of Island Greece in June
It does not matter which of the Greek islands you choose – Corfu, Mykonos, Rhodes, Crete, or other. The trip in June combines beach, sea, sightseeing, beautiful nature, delicious cuisine and incredible atmosphere.
So, what is a must to include on a holiday on any Greek island?
- Beach vacation. The Greek islands are located in the Mediterranean, Ionian and Aegean seas. A huge variety of beautiful beaches and bays, as well as the relatively small size of each island, leads to the best solution – to rent a car, scooter or quad bike and travel around. Imagine driving along the coast and stopping wherever you like – what can be more exciting?
- Historical places of interest – Acropolis, amphitheaters, fortresses, temples, and museums.
- Watersports. Greece boasts of numerous kite and windsurfing places. For example, Prasonisi beach on the island of Rhodes.
- Sea voyages. The number of islands and islets in Greece exceeds 6000. Go on a short ferry trip or rent a yacht, and you are guaranteed an unforgettable pleasant experience.
- Greek cuisine. Be sure to try moussaka, ouzo, meze, souvlaki, feta cheese, wine, olives, and fresh fruit.
Norwegian Fjords in July
Norway is probably one of the most beautiful countries in the world. And the best time to visit it is July, but be prepared that the weather is still quite cold. Norway is attractive primarily for the incredible nature, but Oslo also offers many interesting activities.
So, the nature of Norway – what to see?
- The Troll’s tongue is a cliff high above the Ringedalsvatnet lake. Thanks to the beautiful view the Troll’s tongue has become a favorite place for making pictures among tourists.
- Fjords – long, narrow inlets, surrounded by cliffs. Hundreds of small villages and hiking trails are scattered along the fjords, so you can safely plan an independent journey. Choose a route depending on your fitness level, beautiful views are guaranteed almost at every step, regardless of the route difficulty. You can stay in the cottages during this trip and it will turn an ordinary walk into a hiking adventure.
- Spitsbergen glacial waterfalls, which are best viewed from a motorboat. Tons of
waterdown from the harsh glaciers. fall
- To feel a complete unity with nature stay at the Juvet hotel in the valley of the Valdal. The glass walls of this unusual hotel create a feeling of being alone with nature while maintaining a high level of comfort
With the bright impressions from Norwegian nature, let’s go back to the capital. What activities do you definitely need to try in Oslo?
- Watch the changing of the Royal guard – daily at 1.30 pm;
- Visit the Munch Museum and see his most famous painting The Scream;
- Zip-lining down the Holmenkollen ski jump. By the way, a breathtaking view of Oslo and the fjord opens from the top;
- Take a walk in the park near the Royal Palace and watch the ducks;
- Try the brunost, aquavit, rommegrot, krumkake, soup with salmon and cream, and if you visit Norway in winter lutefisk is a must try;
- Take a walk in the sculpture park at the Vigeland Museum;
- Go shopping and relax in cafes in Grunerlokka. Every Sunday morning there opens a flea market, where you can find rare vintage items.
Spanish Siesta in August
A trip to Spain is a chance to combine a beach vacation with sightseeing, delicious food, and wines. The country is so diverse that at one time you will hardly have an opportunity to experience everything that it offers. For the first trip, you should definitely visit Barcelona and relax on one of the Spanish Islands.
What to do in Barcelona?
- Take a walk at Park Güell and see the Gaudí’s masterpieces. It is better to buy an entrance ticket online in advance – it is cheaper, and you will not have to stand in line at the ticket office;
- Walk through the Gothic quarter, where you will feel the spirit of Medieval Barcelona and relax in one of the cozy cafes;
- Climb the hill of Montjuic and see the city from above. There are also many attractions, including the Magic Fountain, which is best to be visited in the evening;
- See the numerous cathedrals, churches and Gaudí buildings;
- Plan a museum trip: Picasso, Salvador Dali, the Museum of Modernism, countless galleries and even the Museum of Erotica. You will hardly manage to visit all of them even in a few days.
After enjoying the bright Spanish culture you will certainly want to relax on the beach. Top 7 Spanish Islands are perfect for that:
- To enjoy the clear blue sea and secluded beaches go to the island of Formentera.
- Another quiet island is Gomera with its unique black sand beaches.
- A perfect place for clubbing with vibrant nightlife is Ibiza.
- Mallorca is an island with white sand, with places for diving and windsurfing.
- Menorca is a place with authentic charm. Here you will not see any large hotels, the whole island is covered with small white houses.
- Tenerife, where the beaches are adjacent to the formidable cliffs. The island boasts of a bright nightlife.
- Palma. There are not so many beautiful beaches here, but the island is covered with green forests and has a lot of places to observe amazing views.
Speaking about the Spanish journey, we should mention Spanish cuisine. If you love seafood, ham, wines, and olives, you are in a risk group to leave the country with some extra weight.
Italian Holiday in September
The sun is not that hot, but the beach season is still in full swing. This is a great time to visit Italy. If you want to combine a beach vacation with a romantic trip and a rich cultural program, the most promising choice is Venice and Lido di Jesolo.
In September, Venice hosts two events that are worth a visit:
- From August 28th to September 7th, 2019, the Venice Film Festival is held. The judges will select the best movies in 20 nominations;
- Regatta Storica – an annual historical regatta on the Grand Canal, which involves bessons (ceremonial gondolas), used only on special occasions. At the opening ceremony, the participants are dressed in historical costumes, the spectacle is really impressive. And various performances and musical concerts are organized along the Grand Canal.
In addition to the film festival and regatta, the Veneto region has a lot of activities to do. You can enjoy a beach vacation at Lido di Jesolo resort, and here are ideas of what to do in Venice and the neighboring islands:
- Visit St. Mark’s square and see the Doge’s Palace. If you want to enjoy the place without crowds of tourists, the best time is at dawn;
- Try chiketti, forget pizza and pasta in favor of these Venetian snacks, and after treat yourself with local ice-cream named Gelato;
- Watch glass blowing demonstration and buy souvenirs on the island of Murano;
- Take a stroll through Venetian streets and bridges, and then take a trip on a water tram named Vaporetto;
- Kiss under the Bridge of Sighs.
Relaxation in Jordan in October
In October, the temperature in Jordan is below 30 degrees, beach and sightseeing activities are comfortable. 90% of Jordan’s area is covered by deserts, the country is washed by two seas – the Red Sea and the Dead Sea.
How to spend time in Jordan?
- Beaches, diving, and snorkeling on the Red Sea. There are not so many tourists, and the underwater world is really beautiful;
- Health and SPA at the Dead Sea. Salt water, fresh air, and mud has a positive impact on your inner state and physical health;
- Visit Wadi Rum – a unique natural place with arches, canyons, rocks, and truly harsh Oriental nature. If you like extreme take a balloon flight and look at the place from the height;
- Visiting historical places around Amman is the best way to find out more about local history and culture;
- Visit Petra – a city carved in the rock more than 2000 years ago;
- Try local dairy products (necessarily kashkaval cheese), tea, coffee, and desserts.
Freedom Spirit in Cuba in November
November is the beginnings of the dry season in Cuba, and the prices haven’t risen significantly yet, which makes the end of the autumn the best time for the trip.
How to start your journey in Cuba?
- Rent a room from the locals, it is much cheaper than the hotel and will make you plunge into the incredible atmosphere of the island. You can book a place in advance, or find where to stay by knocking on any house marked with a special sign;
- Enjoy beach activities including diving and snorkeling. Relax on the white sand and watch the local fauna – iguanas and turtles;
- Take a ride on a retro car. Almost half of the locals own old luxury cars;
- Taste Mojito in one of the local bars;
- Twist your own Cuban cigar at Partagas Factory;
- Take part in a salsa party to feel the local spirit;
- Eat in a family restaurant, located at the houses of some locals. Try cuisine and hospitality at a very affordable price;
- Play dominoes with the locals, but be ready to lose, because they have been training for years;
- Visit Havana for sightseeing and take a walk around the city;
- Visit the Bellamar cave and the valley of Viñales;
- Buy paintings by local artists. This, along with rum and cigars, will be a great souvenir from the journey.
Amazing Nature and Culture of Brazil in December
December in Brazil is time to swim in the ocean, relax on the beach and watch the country, enjoying the mild and warm weather. What should definitely be done in Brazil?
- Go to the waterfalls, especially Adam and Eve, Devil’s Throat and other waterfalls on the Iguazu river. You can enjoy the beauty from special viewing platforms;
- Continue exploring Brazilian nature in the Bird Park in Foz Do Iguaçu, where you will find about 900 species of birds, exotic butterflies, and plants;
- Explore the Sugarloaf mountain in Rio de Janeiro, which can be reached by cable car, and enjoy the breathtaking views;
- See the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, which is associated with the country itself. And then take a walk in the Botanical Garden;
- Enjoy beach activities, including surfing;
- Visit Pier Maua and see graffiti on Rodriguez Alves street in Rio de Janeiro;
- Go for a walk in the favelas to experience the local culture;
- Drink mate, try acaraje, tapioca, coxinha, and churros.
2019 May be the year of bright travels, new discoveries, and unforgettable emotions. Sign up for our blog and do not miss new ideas for exciting travel.
1 thought on “Top-12 Travel Destinations in 2019: Where to Go”
Having read this I believed it was really enlightening.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this information together.
I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!